Sunday, September 25, 2011

"A Day in the Life..."

As American actor Jason Alexander's character, George Costanza, once said on an episode of the beloved sitcom, "Seinfeld": "I'm currently going through a transitional period (in my life) right now."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me right now. But as we all know, in life, opporunities arise and times change. And hopefully for the best, as it seems to be going right now (well, maybe not for all of us, but a good start for myself, nonetheless).

Among the things I have in common with George C: I'm an only child and an unemployed bachelor that still lives at home with his parents; I have an enormous wallet (mainly due to my insistance on keeping business cards that I almost never use, but still keep in case the opportunity comes in which I'll need them); and I also have two friends whose condo I frequently visit and whose kitchen I frequently raid :)

Yes, I've definitely hit a low point in my life right now, it seems, but am hopeful that things will get better soon. For one, I finally submitted an application to work at Koinonia Homes, an organization that caters to people with special needs. Although I won't find out until later this week, I am hopeful that I'll get this job because of the tremendous opportunity it will provide. I can think of nothing greater than a chance to help those in need.

I'm also doing volunteer work at St. Colman's Catholic Church, another spectacular opportunity to reach out to those in need. This kind of work really moves me because of the personal satisfaction I get from being a part of it. There is truly not a better feeling than the one you get from being a positive impact on another's life...plain and simple.      

As far as most days go for me these days...besides playing a few occasional poker games whenever I can afford it...I spend most of them working out, bowling, and trying to find a job. Not to mention, writing my screenplays (most of which will be made, hopefully, into very successful movies once completed)...and of course, updating my new blog :)

Stay tuned, folks...more non-sense and douchebaggery to follow!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment